Telstra modem and Android Devices

We recently moved our home Internet to Telstra and with that received a new ADSL modem that also features a Wireless-N router. The setup was quick and simple and we were up and running in no time.

After a few weeks though we started to have intermittent dropouts which resulted in the modem needing to be reconnected. After a bit of investigation and trial and error I fixed the wireless channel to CH13 rather than it being set automatically.

The only issue we had was with the multitude of Android devices we and our visiting friends have. None of which were able to connect to the wireless network anymore stating that the SSID was not in range. Reverting this back to automatic (this time it chose CH6) and the devices were able to connect again.